Astaxanthin - AstaPure®
- Pure Astaxanthin from AstaPure
- 30 softgels
- 6 mg per softgel
- High efficacy, quality and stability
- GMO and Gluten-Free
- Personal advice & shipping always within 12 hours!
- Questions about this product? Call +3124 - 663 53 66 or chat with us
Astaxanthin is a dye, and belongs to the group of nutrients known as carotenoids. It has unique antioxidant properties at the cellular level that not many other antioxidants have. Indeed, it is specifically active in cell membranes, but also, for example, mitochondria. In mitochondria the antioxidant properties of astaxanthin are such that it makes the mitochondria work harder which increases energy.
The human body does not produce astaxanthin, so intake through food or supplements is necessary. Astaxanthin is almost exclusively found in marine products such as natural krill shrimp but also lobster, seaweed and salmon.
Pink flamingo on the left, due to astaxanthin / Grey Flamingo on the right, without astaxanthin
Astaxanthin is produced by algae, bacteria and fungi and accumulates in animals higher up the food chain. Astaxanthin is recognizable by its deep red color and animals consuming a lot of astaxanthin turn pink as a result--for example, lobsters and shrimps but also flamingos (pink feathers).
IMatching its unique effects, the structure of the astaxanthin molecule is unique. It contains an oxygen molecule, but its long structure, complex three-dimensional form, specific compounds, and the polarity of the molecule also contribute in giving astaxanthin its powerful antioxidant activity .
Unlike other antioxidants...
... astaxanthin can catch more types of free radicals than any antioxidant whatsoever.
• astaxanthin attains very high levels of bio-activity and good distribution in the body because it can bind to a lipid-protein.
• astaxanthin never acts as a pro-oxidant, even at higher doses.
• astaxathine is many times more powerful than other antioxidants such as vitamin E and beta-carotene, as shown below.