'C' Plus - Vitamin C with Bioflavonids
- Vitamin C and citrus bioflavonoids
- Category: Immune System, Blood Vessels & Energy
- Essential antioxidant
- 1,730 mg of vitamin C and 224 mg of citrus bioflavonoids per dose
- 90 vegetable capsules
- Personal advice & shipping always within 12 hours!
- Questions about this product? Call +3124 - 663 53 66 or chat with us
Vitamin C Plus with citrus bioflavonoids, by Klaire Labs
This Klaire Labs formula contains a combination of L-ascorbic acid, L-ascorbyl palmitate and citrus bioflavonoids for optimal vitamin C levels in the body. The human body, unlike most animals, is itself no longer able to produce vitamin C. So we have to get it from either food or supplementation. Vitamin C has numerous health claims; it supports well-conditioned blood vessels, connective tissue, resilience and the immune response, among other benefits. This also applies to periods of heavy physical exertion, training, sports and cold environments.
- Powerful formula with 1,730 mg of vitamin C and 224 mg of citrus bioflavonoids per dose
- Vitamin C promotes overall resilience and the immune system during and after heavy physical exercise, equally in cold environments and during and after sports or exercise
- Vitamin C contributes to well-conditioned blood vessels and flexible veins
- Vitamin C is important for the maintenance of strong bones and cartilage
- Vitamin C activates the body's natural energy and promotes energy metabolism
- Vitamin C contributes to the formation of collagen which helps strengthen the skin (from within)
- Vitamin C promotes the absorption of iron into the blood
- Vitamin C supports the condition of the gums and strong teeth
- Vitamin C helps protect cells against oxidative damage
- Vitamin C contributes to mental resilience
- Vitamin C benefits the state of mind
- Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant for vitamin E
- Vitamin C contributes to the proper functioning of the nervous system
- Vitamin C has beneficial effects in reducing fatigue
- Contains no allergens (no gluten, casein, fish, shellfish, nuts, peanuts or soy)
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Contains no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
L-ascorbyl palmitate for better absorption in the body
In addition to L-ascorbic acid, C Plus contains L-ascorbyl palmitate. This is a fat-soluble form (6-palmityl-L-ascorbic acid) of vitamin C. It is an ester of ascorbic acid and the natural fatty acid palmitic. Ascorbyl palmitate readily penetrates lipophilic tissues. It can therefore be absorbed by the body in higher quantities.
Vitamin C: An important antioxidant
As an antioxidant, vitamin C is an important substance in the body's larger 'antioxidant network'. This is a chain of several synergistic and inseparable antioxidants. In addition to vitamin C, glutathione and vitamin E are also part of this network. Vitamin C supports the body's antioxidant potential and helps maintain healthy cells and tissues.
Vitamin C during the winter months
Vitamin C is mainly obtained through the consumption of fruits, vegetables, supplements, vitamin-fortified foods and drinks. The vitamin C content in food decreases with long-term storage and during the preparation of food. In winter months, fewer local fruits and vegetables are available. Given the many health claims, vitamin C is a very important vitamin in winter. L-ascorbyl palmitate in C Plus is well absorbed by the body.
Powerful combination formula with citrus bioflavonoids
Bioflavonoids are also found in citrus fruits such as lemon and orange. The second ingredient of this powerful formula is the citrus bioflavonoids complex of the fruit of the Citrus aurantium, standardized to 50% citrus bioflavonoids. (Bio)flavonoids are plant substances that occur in all kinds of fruits and vegetables.
What are Bioflavonoids?
(Bio)flavonoids are plant substances that color many fruits and vegetables as pigments. The substances play a role in the metabolism of plants, as growth regulators and in the protection against ultraviolet light, oxidation and heat. Bioflavonoids were discovered by Albert Szent-Györgyi, one of the leading chemists of the early twentieth century. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1937 for the discovery and description of vitamin C. During the vitamin C isolation process, Szent-Györgyi also discovered bioflavonoids.
The term bioflavonoids, or flavonoids, was first used in 1952 by German researchers Geissmann and Hinreiner. Over five thousand naturally occurring flavonoids have now been isolated from various plants. Flavonoids are the largest group of polyphenols.
About Klaire Labs
Klaire Labs™, part of global natural health organization Soho Flordis International, offers a range of premium-quality nutraceuticals. They support healthcare providers with products for their clients, including innovative probiotics, enzymes and specialty products for gastrointestinal and immune support. Contributing to optimal health is what Klaire Labs™ stands for. Klaire Labs™ products contain mainly active, pure ingredients with high bioavailability. They have been carefully researched, properly documented and based on uncompromising safety principles. Klaire Labs™ honors guidelines for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) as well as third-parties quality certifications.
Take 2 capsules, 1 or 2 times a day with food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
|Amount per 2 capsules||% RDA*|
|Vitamin C (as L-ascorbic acid and L-ascorbyl palmitate)||1,730 mg||1,821%|
|Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex (Citrus aurantium) (peel and fruit) (standardized to 50% hesperidin bioflavonoids)||224 mg||**|
** Daily value not established
Vegetarian capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, water) and silicon dioxide.