Omega-3 Krill Oil
- Buy 2 for EUR 19.00 each and save 7%
- Pure omega-3 fatty acids
- Sustainable European origin
- 500 mg per Licap capsule
- Contains 60 mg EPA and 35 mg DHA per capsule
- 60 capsules per pot
- Personal advice & shipping always within 12 hours!
- Questions about this product? Call +3124 - 663 53 66 or chat with us
Omega-3 krill oil Licaps
A large proportion of the widely available omega-3 nutritional supplements contain omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil as a main ingredient. Until a few years ago this was the most eligible form of omega-3 fatty acids. For a number of years, however, krill oil has gained due popularity and is today seen as an alternative preferable to fish oil.
Omega-3 fatty acids in the body
Omega-3 fatty acids are produced by the body only in small amounts, rendering adequate dietary intake very important. Supplementation with omega-3 fatty acids can assist the Western diet so as to achieve a higher intake. Krill oil is a special source of omega-3 fatty acids. It is made from whole krill, small shrimp-like crustaceans from the Antarctic seas. Krill oil is special because it consists not only of fatty acids but also of phospholipids and astaxanthin. Because in krill oil omega-3 fatty acids are bound to phospholipids, they are better absorbed than are other forms of omega-3 fatty acids. This improves biological availability, rendering krill oil much more effective.
Oxidation and fish oil
An important issue with other products such as omega-3 fish oil is the naturally low levels of antioxidants. Spoilage (oxidation) is a legitimate concern. Krill oil naturally contains the antioxidant astaxanthin. Along with the phospholipids, astaxanthin makes sure that the omega-3 fatty acids do not spoil inside the capsule. Therefore, quality is guaranteed and the shelf life of krill oil is extended up to two years when stored at room temperature.
Ergomax krill oil capsules: Benefits
- Ergomax krill oil is unique compared to other products because of the purity of compounds and the use of specially designed capsules.
- The capsules, called Licaps, consist only of fish gelatin ensuring an odorless sealing of the oil. Standard krill oil softgels have an unpleasant smell, such that many people unnecessarily end up having a bad experience with krill oil.
- In addition to the fish gelatin, capsules naturally contain krill oil and water. This formulation in fact only contains these three ingredients and is free from unnecessary auxiliaries and fillers.
- The krill oil is processed in pure form, and is retrieved from the sea in sustainable ways consistent with recommendations by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and the Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR).
Each capsule contains:
- Omega-3 fatty acids - 125 mg
- Phospholipids - 225 mg
- Astaxanthin - 55 mcg
- Phosphatidylcholine 89%
- Lyso-phosphatidylcholine 6%
- Fosfatidyetonalamine 5%
- Fosphatidylinositol <0.1%
- Phosphatidylserine <0.1%
- Name: Krill Oil
- Brand: Ergomax
- Content: 60 licaps
- Features: 100 percent pure and natural
- Ingredients per serving: As indicated on the label (see images).
- Additional information: Contains only 3 ingredients: water, krill oil and fish gelatin.
- Recommended use: Take 1 or more licaps daily.
- Allergen info: Contains fish.
Take 1-2 capsules daily, with or without food.
500 mg Krill oil* (Antarctic krill) (225 mg phospholipids, 125 mg omega-3 fatty acids [60 mg EPA, 35 mg DHA], 55 ug Astaxanthin). * RDA not established.
Fish gelatine, water.