ProBiota Bifido - capsules
- Category: Probiotics & Gut flora
- Histamine-friendly probiotics
- 12 billion CFU's in each dosage
- Contains 7 Bifidobacterium strains
- Without Lactobacillus strains
- Free from common allergens
- 60 vegetable capsules
- Personal advice & shipping always within 12 hours!
- Questions about this product? Call +3124 - 663 53 66 or chat with us
ProBiota Bifido by Seeking Health
Seeking Health’s ProBiota Bifido is composed of seven extensively researched Bifidobacterium strains that are mainly found in the intestinal mucous membrane at the end of the small intestine, in the colon and in the genitourinary tract. ProBiota Bifido is encapsulated in acid-resistant, release-delaying vegetable capsules for optimal delivery of the bacterial strands in the colon. In addition, the formula is suitable for vegetarians and vegans, free from common allergens and of prebiotics, which is beneficial for anyone sensitive to starch or certain fibers. Because these probiotics consist only of Bifidobacterium strands, the product is suitable for anyone who prefers not to use Lactobacillus strains because of the possible histamine-producing activity of these strains.
Histamine and our intestines
Histamine is a biogenic amine that occurs naturally in both plant and animal products . The substance can also be produced by bacteria and occurs in low amounts in our body, where it has a function in, among other areas, the immune system, the gastrointestinal tract and the stimulus transfer in the brain. Once formed, it can be stored in mast cells or white blood cells and is released in certain immune responses, such as in the case of allergies, inflammation and/or drug use. In some cases the breakdown and exposure to histamine is unbalanced, including when there is a histamine intolerance, when the body makes too much histamine itself, or when too much histamine-rich food is consumed. Seeking Health’s ProBiota Bifido is rightly called a histamine-friendly probiotic, as it contains only bacterial strains known to not increase histamine levels in the gastrointestinal tract.
Evolution of epigenetics
To this day there is debate about the extent to which we as humans are 'pre-programmed' or rather shaped by our environment. The relatively new science called epigenetics bridges these two extreme positions. It examines changes in gene expression which take place in the 'epigenome', without the DNA sequence changing. The difference between genetics and epigenetics can be thought of as the difference between writing and reading a book. Once a story is on paper, this information will be the same in all printed copies of the book. However, each individual reader has a different interpretation of the story, and experiences different thoughts or emotions. Likewise, our DNA is interpreted, as it were, and switched 'on' or 'off' by epigenomes. For example, the story of our DNA can take different twists, depending on the way in which the epigenomes influence the story. More and more researchers are convinced that epigenomes can in turn be influenced by diet and lifestyle. This is of course a very interesting field of research. The methylation processes that occur constantly in our bodies and what role they play in epigenetics, are currently particularly widely researched by epigeneticists.
- Histamine-friendly probiotic supplement
- Composed of 7 intensively researched Bifidobacterium strains
- Contains 12 billion CFUs of bacterial cultures in each dose
- Does not contain Lactobacillus strains, useful especially for anyone preferring not to use these strains due to their potential histamine-producing activity
- Targeted intestinal delivery using acid-resistant delayed-release vegetable capsules
- ProBiota Bifido is free from milk, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat , soy and synthetic preservatives
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
The Methylation Process
The methylation process is one of the most important and most intriguing biochemical processes in our body. Currently a lot of research is being done with several studies pointing out that there is a probable link between the ability to methylate and health. The process of methylation takes place trillions of times every minute in all cells of our body and affects, among other systems, energy production, DNA regeneration, hormone production and repair work. Technically, methylation is a controlled transfer of a methyl group to primarily proteins, amino acids, enzymes and DNA. In addition, substances able to donate a methyl group are called methyl donors, including B vitamins, vitamin C, biotin, zinc, folic acid and betaine. Methyl groups facilitate the on-and-off switches of our DNA and thus play an important role in the gene expression of our DNA. This makes them one of the most researched molecules in epigenetics.
Products Seeking Health are made based on the belief that pure supplements should be formulated with care and skill. Most Seeking Health supplements are therefore free from GMOs as well as common allergens such as milk, egg there and, fish, shellfish, nuts, gluten, corn, yeast and soy. All ingredients are carefully researched and tested and suppliers must meet specific standards before ingredients can be used. In short, Seeking Health is a company with passion that strives for quality and composes its products with the greatest possible care.
About Seeking Health
Seeking Health was founded by Dr. Ben Lynch, who in 2018, after years of research, wrote the book Dirty Genes. Lynch received his doctorate in natural medicine from Bastyr University in Washington, DC, and helped thousands of clients, doctors and health professionals worldwide gain insights from epigenetics to optimize their health the holistic way. Lynch, currently the most consulted expert in epigenetics, is convinced that our genetic destiny is not fixed. Rather, through the right diet and lifestyle we can interact with our genes to realize our body’s full genetic potential.
- Take 1 capsule daily with or without food, ideally after your last meal of the day or as directed by your healthcare professional
- Capsules may be pulled apart and nutrients may be taken separately.
- Store in a refrigerator and keep tightly closed to preserve the potency of the product. Do not freeze.
- If ProBiota products are stored at average room temperature, they will remain powerful for 4 - 6 months.
- At higher temperatures (30 degrees Celsius) they retain their potency for 1-2 months.
- We recommend keeping this product tightly closed in the refrigerator after opening for optimum potency.
|Amount per serving||% DV|
|Probiotic blend||151 mg||**|
|Bifidobacterium species||12 miljard † CFU||**|
|Bifidobacterium infantis (Bi-26)|
|Bifidobacterium bifidum/lactis (Bb-02)|
|Bifidobacterium longum (Bl-05)|
|Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-06)|
|Bifidobacterium lactis (Bl-04)|
|Bifidobacterium lactis (Bl-07)|
|Bifidobacterium breve (Bb-03)|
|Total Cultures||12 miljard † CFU||**|
** % Daily value not established.
† At the time of manufacturing.
Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetarian capsule (hypromellose, water, gellan gum), and L-leucine.