In a ketogenic diet, nutrients consist mainly of fats and, only to a small extent, protein. Intake of carbohydrates (sugars and starches) are limited to minimal quantities. Following a ketogenic diet switches metabolism from burning sugars to burning fat. By virtue of this conversion the body is stimulated to produce ketones, which are used as a "clean" fuel source.
- KetoCaNa - Exogenous Ketones - Beta-Hydroxybutyrate - OrangeAs low as EUR 72.00In stock
- Deuterium-depleted water - Preventa® 85EUR 119.95In stock
- KetoBlitz - Exogenous Ketones with BalanceBHB®EUR 79.95In stock
- KetoForce - Exogenous ketone body beta-hydroxybutrate (BHB)EUR 72.00In stock
- Chicken Broth - Organic ChickenEUR 40.95In stock
- Beef Bone Broth - Organic beefEUR 40.95In stock
- Deuterium-depleted water - Preventa® 105EUR 99.95In stock
- Deuterium-depleted water - Preventa® 125EUR 59.95In stock
- Deuterium-depleted water - Preventa® 25EUR 284.95In stock
- KetoCaNa - Exogenous Ketones- Beta-Hydroxybutyrate - Strawberry LemonadeAs low as EUR 72.00In stock
- EUR 34.95In stock
- KetoShieldEUR 49.95In stock
- Customer rate us with a 9.3
- Order before 10 p.m., same day shipping
- Personal advice through chat or telephone
- MCT PowderEUR 21.50In stock
- EUR 149.95In stock
- MCT-powder C8-C10EUR 24.95In stock
- KetoProEUR 29.95In stock
- EUR 39.95In stock
- Deuterium-depleted water - Preventa® 45EUR 217.95In stock
- Deuterium-depleted water - Preventa® 65EUR 166.95In stock
- Beef Broth - Organic beef - NakedEUR 40.95Out of stock
- Chicken Broth - Organic Chicken - NakedEUR 40.95Out of stock
- Chicken Broth - Organic Chicken - FODMAP friendlyEUR 40.95Out of stock
- Beef Broth - Organic beef - FODMAP friendlyEUR 40.95Out of stock
Ketosis, the state induced by a ketogenic diet, has recently been gaining popularity. Many leaders in the health field write about the benefits of ketosis and ketogen diets. The core idea: if the amount of carbohydrates in the diet drops to 20-100 grams per day, the body uses fats as an energy source. This happens during fasting, including what is called intermittent fasting. The metabolic state that develops during a ketogenic diet has many health benefits, but you have to meet certain conditions to make this a success. Various books have been written about the ketogenic diet and probably the same number of cookbooks that are compatible with it. The ketogenic diet is not difficult to sustain but do pay attention to the set conditions. Here may be a way of eating significantly different than the one you were used to.
If ketones are produced by the body, you are "in ketosis". This may take a few days after the start of the ketogenic diet. There are 3 types of ketones: beta-hydroxybutyric acid, acetoacetate and acetone. Ketones can be measured in your urine as well as breath. If you want to know whether you are in ketosis at all or how deep exactly, it is necessary to measure your ketones. Presence of ketones means that you burn fat for energy instead of carbohydrates.
"Ketogenic diet" and "keto diet" are two names for the same thing. There are many descriptions of what exactly keto means and which food products are compatible with a keto diet. Keto foods and keto diet plans often produce good results. All different variations and ways to get into ketosis come down to the same thing: few carbohydrates, more fats and moderate amounts of protein.