- Buy 2 for EUR 25.00 each and save 7%
- Independently tested for purity
- Pharmaceutical quality
- 500 mg per capsule
- 180 vegetarian capsules
- Personal advice & shipping always within 12 hours!
- Questions about this product? Call +3124 - 663 53 66 or chat with us
There are different forms of the amino acid L-carnitine; Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) is one of them. Acetyl-L-Carnitine is known as the “neurological variant” because it is created only in our brain and because it can cross the blood-brain barrier when supplemented. This renders possible interactions with the nervous system (brains, spinal cord and peripheral nerves). These unique properties are not associated with any other form of carnitine.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine is better absorbed than L-carnitine.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine is nervous system- and mitochondria-specific.
- Each vegetarian capsule contains 500 mg of pure Acetyl-L-carnitine
- Does not contain any fillers or binders
What does Acetyl-L-Carnitine do?
Energy production in our cells proceeds through several mechanisms. Influencing any one of these energy production mechanisms will have an effect on the functioning of the entire cell. Carnitine plays a role in our energy metabolism as it transports energy to the mitochondria, the power plants of cells.
Directly influencing the cell’s power plants
Mitochondria are small organelles that sit in the cytoplasm (the liquid inner part) of each cell. The outer membrane of a mitochondrion acts as a barrier through which energy cannot travel inward uncontrolledly. In the case of fatty acids, carnitine takes care of this key function of controlled energy transportation.
L-carnitine is omnipresent
L-carnitine is an amino acid, but not one of the 20 amino acids commonly found in protein-rich foods. However, it is made in all cells from the amino acids lysine and methionine (which do occur in protein-rich foods). Red meat and dairy products are the food sources that contain the highest levels of carnitine. Honoring its high concentrations in muscle tissue, the name carnitine is derived from the word "carnus" which in Latin means "flesh".
Effects on body and mind
Once inside the cell membrane, the Acetyl-L-Carnitine molecule is divided into two components: L-carnitine molecules and acetyl groups. The latter play a key role in various metabolic processes among which the production of the key neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
Acetyl-L-Carnitine’s effective and rapid uptake, in combination with the effects of its two compounds, ensures its wide spectrum of use. It is particularly suitable for elderly and individuals who have a generally increased, or more specific, need for energy.
Other customers also viewed:
- R-Alpha Lipoic Acid - Micro-EncapsulatedSpecial Price EUR 36.95 Regular Price EUR 40.95
- R-alpha lipoic acid - Liposomal formulation & Acetyl-L-CarnitinSpecial Price EUR 59.31 Regular Price EUR 65.90