ProBiota Infant Powder
- Category: Probiotics & Digestion
- Unique probiotic blend
- Developed for infants
- 5 billion CFU's per scoop
- Contains the prebiotic fiber inulin
- 120 doses (66 grams)
- Personal advice & shipping always within 12 hours!
- Questions about this product? Call +3124 - 663 53 66 or chat with us
ProBiota™ Infant by Seeking Health
Seeking Health’s ProBiota™ Infant is designed for children up to two years and contains 5 billion microorganisms per scoop. The unique probiotic blend is composed of five Lactobacillus species and five Bifidobacterium species, supplemented with the natural prebiotic fiber inulin from chicory root. There are indications that inulin as a prebiotic can contribute to a good intestinal function*.
Children often have special nutritional and digestive needs. We therefore recommend that you consult with a doctor or specialist before using this product.
Traveling through our gastrointestinal tract
Because the gastrointestinal tract of young children if not yet fully matured, it may not be able to process the D isomer of lactic acid. This isomer is produced by certain Lactobacillus species commonly found in adult probiotic formulas. ProBiota™ Infant therefore only contains the species that exclusively or mainly produce the L-lactic acid form, namely Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus gasseri and Lactobacillus salivarius. This blend also contains five Bifidobacterium species normally dominant in the gastrointestinal tract of young children, namely Bifidobacterium infantis, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium breve and Bifidobacterium lactis. To be effective, the living organisms in probiotic supplements must survive the journey through the upper digestive tract including the caustic acids in the stomach. ProBiota™ Infant consists of species that have been selected for their ability to survive this journey and to arrive largely alive at their destination. Because of the convenient powder form, this product can be easily mixed with breast milk, infant milk, regular milk, juice, or other infant formula such as yogurt or fruit pulp.
Evolution of epigenetics
To this day there is debate about the extent to which we as humans are 'pre-programmed' or rather shaped by our environment. The relatively new science called epigenetics bridges these two extreme positions. It examines changes in gene expression which take place in the 'epigenome', without the DNA sequence changing. The difference between genetics and epigenetics can be thought of as the difference between writing and reading a book. Once a story is on paper, this information will be the same in all printed copies of the book. However, each individual reader has a different interpretation of the story, and experiences different thoughts or emotions. Likewise, our DNA is interpreted, as it were, and switched 'on' or 'off' by epigenomes. For example, the story of our DNA can take different twists, depending on the way in which the epigenomes influence the story. More and more researchers are convinced that epigenomes can in turn be influenced by diet and lifestyle. This is of course a very interesting field of research. The methylation processes that occur constantly in our bodies and what role they play in epigenetics, are currently particularly widely researched by epigeneticists.
- Unique probiotic blend aimed at infants and children up to two years of age
- Composed of 10 different bacterial strains
- Contains 5 billion CFUs of bacterial cultures
- With prebiotic fiber inulin extracted from chicory root, for which there are indications that it may contribute to good intestinal function as a prebiotic*
- Formulated in convenient powder form that can be easily mixed with breast milk, baby milk, regular milk, juice, fruit or yogurt
- The supplement containing the bacterial strains Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus paracasei, Lactobacillus gasseri, Lactobacillus salivarius, Bifidobacterium infantis, Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifidobacterium longum, Bifidobacterium breve, and Bifidobacterium lactis
- The strains have been selected for their ability to travel through the upper digestive tract and to survive gastric acids
The Methylation Process
The methylation process is one of the most important and most intriguing biochemical processes in our body. Currently a lot of research is being done with several studies pointing out that there is a probable link between the ability to methylate and health. The process of methylation takes place trillions of times every minute in all cells of our body and affects, among other systems, energy production, DNA regeneration, hormone production and repair work. Technically, methylation is a controlled transfer of a methyl group to primarily proteins, amino acids, enzymes and DNA. In addition, substances able to donate a methyl group are called methyl donors, including B vitamins, vitamin C, biotin, zinc, folic acid and betaine. Methyl groups facilitate the on-and-off switches of our DNA and thus play an important role in the gene expression of our DNA. This makes them one of the most researched molecules in epigenetics.
Products Seeking Health are made based on the belief that pure supplements should be formulated with care and skill. Most Seeking Health supplements are therefore free from GMOs as well as common allergens such as milk, egg there and, fish, shellfish, nuts, gluten, corn, yeast and soy. All ingredients are carefully researched and tested and suppliers must meet specific standards before ingredients can be used. In short, Seeking Health is a company with passion that strives for quality and composes its products with the greatest possible care.
About Seeking Health
Seeking Health was founded by Dr. Ben Lynch, who in 2018, after years of research, wrote the book Dirty Genes. Lynch received his doctorate in natural medicine from Bastyr University in Washington, DC, and helped thousands of clients, doctors and health professionals worldwide gain insights from epigenetics to optimize their health the holistic way. Lynch, currently the most consulted expert in epigenetics, is convinced that our genetic destiny is not fixed. Rather, through the right diet and lifestyle we can interact with our genes to realize our body’s full genetic potential.
* These effects have not yet been approved by the European authority; the health claim is still pending European authorization
- For children over 12 months: 1 scoop (0.5 gram), once or twice daily.
- For infants 6 to 12 months: 1 scoop (0.5 gram) daily.
- Mix product in infant formula, milk, juice, or sprinkled on food such as yogurt, apple sauce or cereal or as recommended by your healthcare professional.
- For breast-feeding mothers, product can be added to expressed milk, or small amounts at a time can be dispensed by placing on nipple or finger.
- DO NOT feed powder directly to infants or children. If the infant or child has a medical condition, taking prescription drugs, or under the age of 6 months, consult your healthcare professional before using this product.
|Amount per serving||% DV|
|Proprietary Probiotic Blend (5 billion CFU)||500 mg|
|Lactobacillus species 2.5 billion CFU in a base of inulin (derived from chicory root)||150 mg|
|Bifidobacterium species 2.5 billion CFU in a base of inulin (derived from chicory root)||350 mg|
** % Recommended daily amount not established.